I understand that Watch faces in Android Wear run continuously on the device, and how critical it is that it uses power efficiently.
All my watch faces are tested to be optimized in this regard (i also wear them constantly). Yet there’s always a way to make it even more supercharged. Here’s a few tips you can try to save battery life on your new acquisition:
- Disable the weather
- Choose a longer refresh interval for weather data pull
- Set the second hand to “tick” instead of “sweep”
- Turn off the display and notifications temporarily with Theater mode.
- Turn down your watch screen brightness.
- Set your screen to turn off when it is idle.
- Limit the number of notifications that you see on your watch.
You’ll have to find your own balance, because the way you use your watch is going to be different than the way I use mine.